Well,I must admit that we don't have those cute brown paperbags here in Germany but my sweet friend Nicole got them and just gave me some of them to give a paperbag album a try.....
Now that I had drawn all those cute little monsters I thought I could be using them for a little "Monster Munch Paperbag Album"..and because I love all those waterfall albums, especially those in acrylic I started thinking of a Waterfall Paperbag Album!
* 2 lunch paperbags about 10" long
* some monsters or whatever you love to print out, or papers you still have in your stash
* a tool to get some holes into your paperbag album ( I used my SilentSetter from ProvoCraft)
* needle and thread to sew your album together
* a cutter (I used an xacto knife and scissors)
* glue ( I used my little xyron 250 )
* Choose the papers and elements to your liking.I did print out some of my handdrawn monsters and elements to decorate the paper bag album.
* First you will have to get your 2 bags :) and lay them in front of you with alternating ends. (see pic below)
If you are using a 10" paper bag, then score the fold of your first bag at 2"
and the fold of the second bag at about twice the size (4")(Don't be too strict with me concerning correct measurements puhleeeeze!!)
* Then layer the second bag on the first bag, keeping the folds aligned.
* Now it's time to get the bags together. You can staple them, of course, I punched some holes in them and used red paper raffia to sew them together..don't ask me how xactly, let's say that I did it somehow LOL
And this is how it is supposed to look like..
* Now you can start to decorate your pages. Here are some pics of my final result.
I wanted to keep the style "raw", wanted to keep the look and feel of the paper bag "as is", so I colored the papers with some pastel chalks only and tried to keep the style as if Josh had done it. (It is some cool idea to have your kids do this, they can color the pages and drawings like the monsters for example). Then I glued the pics on using my little Xyron and doodled and journaled on the pages. I also printed out some doodles on self-adhesive transparent inkjet paper to add it as a "glossy" element to the pages. The little blue creature that you can see on one of the pics is glued on a large tongue that I doodled. Then I glued the end of the tongue inside of one of the little bags. Now this little monster can hide inside and can be popped out, too.
Hope you liked my little project. Have fun when trying it yourself!!