Apr 9, 2008
posted by sausan at 18:43

Hi y'all! Today I will show you how to do a really fast lil book out of photos that you always wanted to scrap but that are now are collecting dust in some boxes under your bed. But you can also bind some papercards, print out small versions of your favorite layouts, just be creative!
You don't need much to accomplish this, no fear, not even highly developed crafting skills LOL.



Supplies:

* some pictures, papercards etc., depending on what you'd like to have in your book.

* bookbinders glue (important!)

* thicker cardboard (sure you have some lying around from the last packet you recieved) or thicker decorative paper or cardstock. I used some cardboard for the notecards and printed out one of my "Xperimental 2" papers for the photobooklet.

* self adhesive gaffer (bookbinding) tape or, if you don't have some, duct tape or whatever you can find, that is a bit stronger than the regular office tape.

* xacto knife or cutter

How to:

* Prepare the stuff you'd like to see in your book. I used some notecards and some pictures from Josh and Jana and printed them in smaller size, so nine of them fitted on an A4 approx. letter size) page. You can use your normal photoprints as well or whatever you'd like to have a book of.I used an xacto knife to cut the photos out.

* When I had all of them cut out, I prepared my cover and back cutting it to the size of my photos. You can also add some transparent paper between cover and first page or even inbetween, to add some journaling or notes. Pay attention to the fact that all pages have to be lined up well.

* Now brush a thick coat of bookbinder glue over the lined up edge of your book and let it dry

* Depending on how many papers or pics you want to bind, you may want to use a binder clip to hold all together until the glue is dry....no worries, this glue dries fast! The reason for using this special glue is that it is flexible when dry.

* Now cut a piece of tape equal to the length of your book and tape it on cover and back of your little book. (Start with the spine and fold over)

* When done you can also use decorative tape to cover the gaffer tape and can add embellies to the covers or journal along.



Be creative!

Labels: ,

 
3 Comments:


At 4/10/2008 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

What a cute little project. I guess I have to go look under my bed what is hiding there to do one as well ;-) Thanks for the instructions!

 

At 4/12/2008 7:38 AM, Blogger Alissa

That looks like something even I could try :) Fun stuff!

 

At 4/27/2008 2:34 AM, Blogger jessica

Sylvie, this is such an awesome idea! I never thought of using photos better.

I'm glad I found your blog :D